"A doctor once pointed out that sanitary engineers have saved far more lives than doctors by properly disposing of sewage and maintaining a clean water supply." ---- Charley Reese 19.6.2006
Once again, we will be meeting at a new place, La Papoñita
, which calls iteself a pizzeria restaurante, but has probably the most items on the menu of any place we have been, and the prices are attractive. It is located on the north side of 18 de Julio, at the corner of Minas
, right across from the Plaza de los 33 Orientales, and west of the big feria on Tristan Narvaja.
So Sunday, May 26th, we will try out La Papoñita at 14:00 (2 pm), and see if we like it.
1. There seems to be some confusion about the get-togethers: You do NOT have to RSVP beforehand. If you wake up on Sunday and find that you would like to come, just come.
And we meet at 14:00 (2 pm). That gives folks who live outside Montevideo time to make it in to the big city, perhaps go the the big market on Tristan Narvaja, and then come on and join us.
The only exceptions with regard to RSVPing and the time apply when we go to Babieca in the Mercado del Puerto, because they want us at 15:00 instead of 14:00, and they want to know beforehand how many will be there, but even then, you are most welcome, even if you have not said you were coming. Just adjust the time. But these points are among the reasons we are looking for a different place, and probably will not return to Babieca.
So remember: No need to RSVP and the time
is 14:00 (2 pm) every Sunday.
2. The furniture for sale is being offered for bidding until June 30th, at which time the winners will be informed and arrangements for the pick-up can be made. The starting bids are:
If you had trouble opening the pictures of the items, or if you need to arrange a time to view the items, contact durandetto the "at" sign aol.com.
3. Roy Buxbaum, who hosts our site, has a gardening business that also features hydroponics, and was going to make a special offer to us, but he just hasn't had time yet. So if you are interested and in a hurry, you can contact him at
Good Guys Gardening Center Inc.
250 Mackenzie Ave South
Williams Lake BC
W: 250 392 2069
F: 250 392 2068
C: 250 302 1265
Let him know what you are looking for, and I am sure he will help you out.
4. The Book Exchange seems to be starting off, so attached is the list of books available as of now, thanks primarily to Ann-Christine. If you have books you have already read and do not wish to keep, they can be added to the list. Anyone in the group can borrow any of the titles, of course for free, with the only condition being that it would be good of you to bring them back when you are finished. Let me know if you want to borrow something, and we can figure out how to get it to you.
5. This is the week for the Friday meeting at Costa Azul (Tomàs Diago 843 at the corner of Scoserìa, Pocitos), where Susan and Jim will be your hosts. Starting time is 20:00 (8 pm), but don't be surprised if most folks show up a bit later.