A lot of stupid people in a room talking to each other can come up with something better than a lot of geniuses in a room not talking to each other. --Matt Ridley
Fall is in the air, the the non-stop holidays seem over (for a while at least). But our restaurant hopping continues. After a long talk with Carla at Babieca, it was agreed that there have to be some changes, and we will just have to see how it goes. More info on Sunday, but the main point is,
We meet on Sunday, March 3rd, at Babieca at 15:00 (3 pm)
Note the time change--15:00 (3 pm), not 14:00 (2 pm).
And, as has been the case at Babieca, please let me know by Saturday at 13:00 (1 pm) if you are planning to come. Of course you can come even if you did not RSVP, but the restaurant does like to have some idea of how many people will be coming.
1. Several people have indicated that they lose track of which Friday is the day for the meeting at Costa Azul at 20:00 (8 pm) in Pocitos. Thus, as an aid, that meeting will be put in this bulletin.
And the Montevideo Language Exchange is indeed meeting this evening, Friday, March 1.
Located at: Tomás Diago near the corner of Doctor José Scoseria
Click here for a map
2. The need for a rental for several months still
exists. Does anyone know of a furnished flat with a view of the river, preferably in Pocitos?
3. It is as yet unclear whether it will be possible long term to meet at Babieca every Sunday. Several of you came through with helpful suggestions, and for that many thanks. However, please stay on the look-out of other possible restaurants in Montevideo, so, if need be, we can have other options. Send in any suggestions whenever you find a place that might be possible.
4. More responses are requested to the questions about moving here:
What do you regret not having brought with you?
What are you really glad you brought?
What did you bring that you haven't needed at all?
If you could please just list maybe 3 items for each, though more will always be helpful. And any other random advice you might have will surely be appreciated.
5. The stationary exercise bike is still for sale. It is a Winner 1060, used for only 2 months, and still in like-new condition. New, it sells for U$S 400, but is being offered for U$S 200. If you need more info, ask away. Pictures are available.
So sorry that this comes so late, but please do RSVP within the next 20 hours so the restaurant has some idea of how many will come to Babieca in the Mercado del Puerto on Sunday, and remember, 15:00 (3 pm), not an hour earlier, as has been the case.